- There is a risk of contamination of marine resources and environment when the sea, which is the public property of all citizens, when it is developed and checked without control.
- As there is much effort and cost needed for restoration and improvement of contaminated sea, there is a need for systematic measures to prevent environmental pollution.
⇒ The sea area utilization consultation (evaluation) scheme is operated to minimize or eliminate the negative impact factors by predicting/evaluating the impact of development.
- Legal ground : Articles 84~95 of the Marine Environment Management Act
- Procedure : Generation of Statement of Sea Area Utilization Consultation (Assessment) by the business and responsible agency → Review and consultation of the Generation of Statement of Sea Area Utilization Consultation (Assessment by the consulting organization → Reflection of consulting opinion in the business plan (business and responsible agency) → Post project management (responsible agency and consulting organization)
- Type : It is divided into the simple sea area utilization consultation, general sea area utilization consultation and sea area utilization impact assessment according to the size of development project.
(Low impact) Simple sea area utilization consultation ↔ General sea area utilization consultation ↔ Sea area utilization impact assessment (high impact)
- Target : Development and utilization projects working in sea area such as public waters
Occupation/utilization and reclamation of public waters, construction or ports, gathering of marine aggregates, development of marine resources, etc.
Subject Sea Area utilization Consultation Sea Area Utilization Impact Assessment Legal Ground Article 84 of the Marine
Environment Management Act
Article 85 of the Marine Environment Act Main Functions Review of marine environmental impact on marine utilization/development projects and assurance of suitability of sea area utilization (Same as left) Time of Consultation Before the execution plan is approved for project implementation after finalization of administrative plan (Same as left) Target of Consultation Local utilization and reclamation or public waters, fishing license, etc.
* (Simple consultation) small scale utilization
Dumping in the sea, unauthorized collection of ea aggregates, development of marine resources, etc. Agency Requesting
Agency approving the development projects (Same as left) Document Needed Agency approving the
Statement of Sea Area
Document Generated by Business or responsible agency
* Generation by the assessing party allowed
* Generation by the assessing party needed
Collection of Opinions No collection of legal opinions Public display for residents,
public hearing, briefing, etc.
Consulting Agency MOOF : Utilization/development projects
under the jurisdiction of central administration
ROOF : Other cases
(Same as left) Period of Consultation Within 30 days Within 45 days
- Responsible department : Dept. of Marine Environment / TEL: 063)441-2265